Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3:00 am motivation

I spent from 3:00 - 4:45 am this morning reading motivational nuggets online. I read all kinds of things from exercise gurus, diet gurus, go-get-em folks, exercise-aholics, and really fit folks. It was exhilarating. Really.

I pinned put tons of quotes on pinterest (yes, I'm addicted to pinterest). And the interesting thing is that just a bit ago I checked my email and dozens of folks had repinned those quotes.

It appears that many of us are looking for motivation and encouragement to get and/or keep going. I loved it. I felt like I was among friends.

One of my favorites was "There is no diet that will do what eating healthy will do." That one got repinned the most.

And it got me to thinking: I am careful about what I watch on television or at the movies. I am careful about what I read and listen to. I am careful about what my spirit and soul feasts on. Why in the world wouldn't I be just as careful about what my physical body feasts on. I mean REALLY!

For the past couple of months I have been being very careful and more so in the past 2-3 weeks. But I have been going up and down between motivated and discouraged (you are aware of that). That hour and forty-five minutes of devouring encouragement really affected me. I am eating healthy. And it will do it. If not immediately ... eventually.

I like this quote too: You don't always get what you wish for. You get what you work for.

So from 4:45 to 5:00 I had a quick, intense, workout and that started my day. I have my cup of water in front of me. I'll do a couple more 15 minute sessions today and I'll eat my half-pound of raw veggies and apple in addition to a salad and some beans throughout the day.

I cannot wait for you to see me next year this time! I hope your jaw drops big time!!!

:)

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment