Monday, March 26, 2012

Trusting God

I've been a Christian for a long time. I've seen God's hand on my life in so many ways. I've trusted Him for little things and BIG things and REALLY BIG things. And yet, I struggle with the weight issue. Like He wouldn't be interested in aiding me there.

Well, that's just not true.

I am turning my head around and looking at this journey in a different way. Just as He brought me through the kidney disease He will see me through this health issue. I am seeking His kingdom and am believing that this, too, will be one of those things that are "added unto me." 3 John 2 states "I pray you would prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers." My soul is in a prosperous state. I serve a mighty God. His unmerited favor is showered upon me. Therefore, I shall prosper and be in health. The bible promises.

And, so I believe.

I will exercise self-control and believe that it will increase in me daily. I will be wise in my behavior. And I will receive the assistance of the Most High in my weight loss pursuit.

Ahhhhh .... what a release I feel to hand it to Him and to trust Him. I have been holding on to it myself and stressing and struggling and whatever other "s" word I can think of.

And now, I trust.

Period.

Nothing but trust.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment