Friday, March 16, 2012

Life's Blessings

Life has so many blessings. How many pop in your mind right now? A dozen popped into mine just as I typed the sentence. Most of the blessings have faces. I have to work hard at thinking of the other blessings. And there are many.

For instance, I have found a book that is really motivating me and exciting me to be thin and healthy (notice -- not one without the other), I have found a couple of blogs that stir my heart, I have some amazing friends that are encouraging me and supporting me. Oh, yeah, and my DIL Megan who supports and nags me (unfortunately the nagging is necessary).

I had dinner last night with some former workmates. Blessings all around the table. If I hadn't fallen into that job, I wouldn't know those ladies; and I am better because I do. Today I sit at my desk where I am really stress-free and have better benefits and get to bless dialysis patients every day. I am blessed. tonight I will go home to my husband of 32 years who still loves me and has taken amazing care of me through the whole hideous kidney disease adventure. I am blessed.

Yup, there are many blessings. Too many to count actually. So I will stop and praise my God and know that on my worst days; the blessings so far outweight the problems that it is embarrassing to even get frustrated!

Now, I think I'll peruse a few encouraging blogs.

Have a fabulous Friday ... do something amazing for someone. Maybe a surprise -- that would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment